Siddhartha Gautama Buddha(563 B.C.) was born in a royal family and later in his life,he got enlightenment under a bodhi(peepal) tree and turned as a spiritual teacher.He was the founder of Buddhism.
Parents - King Shuddhodana(King of Kapilvastu) and Queen MahaMaya
Birth Place - Lumbini(Nepal)
Enlightened Place - Bodh Gaya (Bihar,India)
"Buddha" meaning "awakened one" or "the enlightened one."
10 Most Popular Quotes of Buddha
1.“A jug fills drop by drop.”
2. “An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.”
3. “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”
4. “A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.”
5. “Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.”
6.“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”
7. “There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.”
8. “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”
9. “Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations.”
10.“In separateness lies the world’s great misery, in compassion lies the world’s true strength.”