His plays include Man and Superman,Caesar and Cleopatra (1901),Androcles and the Lion (1912) and more.
George Bernard Shaw Quotes
- Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
- Self-sacrifice enables us to sacrifice other people without blushing.
- There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
- The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time.
- It is not disbelief that is dangerous to our society; it is belief.
- All great truths begin as blasphemies.
- A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and art into pedantry. Hence University education.
- We have no more right to consume happiness without producing it than to consume wealth without producing it.
- When a thing is funny, search it for a hidden truth.
- The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is.
- In this world, there is always danger for those who are afraid of it.
- If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a conclusion.
- Don't try to live forever. You will not succeed.
- The secret of being miserable is to have the leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not.
- My way of joking is to tell the truth. It is the funniest joke in the world.
- We are made wise not by recollection of our past but by responsibility for our future.
- A lifetime of happiness! No man alive could bear it: it would be hell on earth.
- The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
- We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing!
- Happiness and beauty are by-products.
- A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but we must take that risk because a little is as much as our biggest heads can hold.
- You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'
- Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
- The reason for this, it seems is that a protein rich meal helps to better stabilize your blood sugar levels and therefore providing our body and brains with a steady source of fuel High carbohydrate meals on the other hand cause large increases and then rapid decreases in blood glucose and mental energy.